Abareka Nandree Projects
First we explain the origin of our particular name: Abarekà Nandree, which in the languages of the two countries in which it operates, namely Mali (West Africa) – today the scene of a dramatic war – and Tamil Nadu (South India), means ” Thank you”.
We are a non-profit organization in Milan, with registered office in Corso di Porta Romana 6 and operational headquarters in Via Venini 34.
Founded in 2002 , the association was founded on the initiative of some members of the Humanist Movement – an international organization that through the instrument of active nonviolence promotes an anthropocentric project to “humanize” the earth – and stands out for being declared apolitical, secular and managed exclusively by volunteers. In Italy there are 20 effective members, but we can count on over fifty regular operative members of our initiatives. In Mali, local volunteers are more than a hundred, while in India we collaborate with various humanitarian associations (better known as “social workers”). The current President of the Executive Council is Antonella Freggiaro.
Abarekà Nandree benefits from the free contribution of the 5×1000 expressed in the tax return and is regularly registered in the Register of non-profit associations, the Provincial Register of Associations, the Municipal Register of Associations and adheres to the guidelines of distance support (SAD) issued by Onlus Agency. The association is also registered in Mali at the Ministry of Territorial Communities.
Our activity is mainly concentrated in international cooperation, through fundraising in Italy for the realization of projects abroad. Our economic support is based on free donations from individuals and companies, in addition to the direct organization of various events and events, as well as participation in collective initiatives in the world of volunteerism and associations: from Milan’s happy hour to lunch ethnic, from the photographic exhibition to the sale of Malian and Indian handicrafts, from concerts to theatrical performances.
Finally, we devote ourselves to the formation and awareness of the issues of solidarity and integration between North and South of the world, also developing cultural exchange initiatives with Italian schools and universities, denouncing all forms of discrimination and violence.
In recent years, Abarekà Nandree has promoted its projects according to the spirit of direct involvement, accountability and the organization of indigenous peoples, to avoid any form of mere “welfare”. The projects are aimed at improving the living conditions of the communities, in the health, education and work sectors, including through the form of micro-credit. All the activities are managed by groups of volunteers who collaborate for the realization of projects aimed at the real satisfaction of people’s needs, creating a permanent network of human relationships.
These are just some of our projects completed in Mali and India:
- construction of schools and equipment of school equipment
- remote school support thanks to Italian donors
- construction of libraries and computer centers
- twinning aimed at cultural exchange with Italian schools
- training courses and laboratories on nonviolence in schools
- professional training courses
- free literacy courses for adults
- initiatives aimed at disincentivizing child labor
- preparation of a health center for the reception of refugees from Mali
- construction and equipment of medical health facilities (from maternity center to mobile clinic for free itinerant visits to villages)
- prevention projects, health education and basic medical assistance for the most disadvantaged families
- distribution of mosquito nets against malaria
- construction and purification of water wells
- reconstruction of villages destroyed by the tsunami in India
- construction of mechanical mills and purchase of machinery for processing cereals
- creation and management of a Community cereal bank, including through micro-credit
- construction of multi-purpose centers for the start up of craft activities
- purchase of animals for milk production